Links

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Unboxing [US]: Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Endless Summer Edition (Vita) [NSFW]

Okay. This was a bit awkward. I decided to order the game from Video Games Plus, a Canadian store that sells games from Canada. The reason for this was at the time Amazon had locked the set under the Prime wall so I couldn't order it regardless (and the third party sellers don't help either). Now I received my set, but the issue here was that I was sent the PlayStation Vita version instead of the PlayStation 4 version that I ordered. Since I'm from the UK and how long it took to arrive I couldn't be bothered to send it back and after contacting VGP I received a partial refund and points to my account as an apology.

With that said, the set is pretty much identical so I don't blame them for this accident. Anywho I now own Estival Versus. Not what I was expecting but at least I still managed to get the OST, artbook and cards! The set is sort of not safe for work.


Senran Kagura Estival Versus is the third spin-off to the Senran Kagura franchise on the PlayStation Vita (and for the first time on PlayStation 4). Estival Versus continues where Shinovi Versus left off with a new faction battling Asuka, Homura, Yumi and Miyabi's team. The Estival Versus release goes even further with its Shinobi transformations, gameplay and fanservice. The PS4 version offers 1080p 60fps while the Vita version offers normal resolution and 30fps.

As said with Shinovi Versus, the game acts/plays like a normal Dynasty Warriors/hack n slash game. You fight enemies in one area, move to another and then tackle a boss fight. Each character can also pull off a Shinobi transformation which is where the fanservice lies. Due to Japanese and video game rules, the nipples and genitals are in facts censored by either a character's face or a small flash of light. It's not that bad and in all honestly I find it funny.


This set is known as the 'Endless Summer Edition', and it's exclusive to the North American release done by publisher XSEED Games. Marvelous Europe have done something similar with the European release (which I was originally going to go after) but they sold out before they even got released. The set contains a physical copy of the game with a reversible cover, the original soundtrack, a set of cards (randomised across each game) as well as an artbook.


Format: PlayStation Vita (also on PlayStation 4)
Version: North America
Exclusive: Yes
Local Players: 1 (1-4 system link)
Online Players: 4
Resolution: NTSC
HDD Space: 6144KB
Trophies: Yes

Senran Kagura Estival Versus is available for the PlayStation 4 and Vita for Japan, North America, Europe and Australia.

Main Packaging


Main Case


Cards


Original Soundtrack


Shinobi Summary Artbook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive