Links

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Otaku Collection #5 | 7th September 2016

Well then. It's been over a year since my last major complete collection update, and the main reason for the delay was because my average pickups per months was much lower compared to my time at University (also I was unable to find a placement so I had no choice but to take a year out instead). I decided to hold off this update until I had enough to make a difference.

If you like a quick recap on the previous update, here's my post on the 4th collection from back in April 2015. Nevertheless, here is my 5th collection update. The difference here is that I have moved things around so that I can provide more space for each specific distributor.


Remember the Otaku Collection updates contain anime, manga, asian cinema films, video games and anything related to these topics. So let's begin!

View 1:


My main shelf is full of anime titles. This time I have moved the Funimation limited edition sets to the top part as a design change. The major additions this time around are Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, D-Frag!, Hyperdimension Neptunia as well as some Part 2 titles slotted inside the artboxes for Guilty Crown, Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing-, Robotics;Notes, Shakugan no Shana Season 3 and Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. I also placed my Rightstuf ad cards on the spare area just for show. You can also see the Patema Inverted kickstarter cards on the top.

View 2:


Next up we have everyone's most hated distributor, everyone's most loved distributor and everyone's now deceased (anime-wise) distributor; Aniplex of America, Anime Limited and NIS America. In the previous collection update I did update my Aniplex collection however after that I got some sets then spent most of my time not picking any more until very recently. Anywho the major additions this time around for the Aniplex section are Expelled from Paradise, Fate/Zero Box Set II, Garden of Sinners Blu-ray Disc Box, Garden of Sinners: Recalled Out Summer, Monogatari Second Season's Nekomonogatari White arc, and Nisekoi Volumes 1 & 2.

NIS America has a couple new updates but only Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 is shown in this view, as the premium box sets can only fit in this section of the shelf. For Anime Limited I have a ton of updates thanks to various pickups between the last update and now. The major additions are Durarara!! Season 1 Standard Edition (given to me for free as a replacement due to the discs), Kill la Kill Box 3 with the special box, Mobile Suit Gundam Parts 1 & 2 with the 1000 print bonuses, Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, Samurai Flamenco Part 1, Sword Art Online II Part 1 with the special box, Terror in Resonance with the Ultimate Edition box next to the other ultimate sets and the Blu-ray case with the others, and Tiger & Bunny: The Rising. I also have one new addition from Universal Pictures; Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-. I figured this would sit next to the Anime Limited titles as it's well-deserved. I also have the Kill la Kill tote bag from MCM Comic Con on the spare area just for show.

View 3:


For once I am making use of the bottom parts of my shelf. In the last update I had my manga, novels, bigger sized books, visual novels and DVD sized UK sets here. I decided to relocate them in order to have my main shelf focused on the US/JP and Anime Limited/Universal sets this time around.

The fifth row (second-to-bottom) covers my standard Funimation sets, the individual Twilight Time set, Viz Media's limited edition sets, the Honneamise set, the Nozomi set, and my Vita limited editions for Senran Kagura. The major additions here are Air, Darker Than Black Season 2, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood collections 1 & 2, and Kanon 2006 from Funimation; Harlock: Space Pirate 3D from Twilight Time; and Senran Kagura Estival Versus Vita from XSEED Games. There's also the Persona 4 Golden badges in the middle just for show.

The sixth row (bottom) covers the special edition sets that I honestly couldn't place elsewhere due to the space they take up. These are the NIS America newer modelled premium sets and the Sentai Filmworks sets. In addition I also have my PlayStation Vita collection slotted in the middle between them, with the Taiga plushie from that Viewster Omakase box. The major additions in this row are Genshiken: Second Generation and A Lull in the Sea from NIS America; Danganronpa Another Episode, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, and Tales of Hearts R for the Vita. Sentai's collection is mostly new additions surprisingly enough. For the standard sets it's ef: A Tale of Melodies, ef: A Tale of Memories, and Fate/stay night collections 1 & 2 plus Elfen Lied from the Section23 ADV label; while the collector's edition sets are High School of the Dead, Knights of Sidonia, No Game No Life and Persona 4 the Animation. There's also the Funimation premium edition of Darker Than Black Season 1 on the bottom right of the shelf, because it's a terrible set (good show though).

View 4:


Here's the new location for my big manga box sets and the UK anime sets. There's nothing new added to this section so let's move along.

View 5:


This is the new location for most of the manga I had in the main shelf. I honestly didn't buy much during my time at home but I did get some new additions not long after the previous update as well as some novels from December. The major additions are Another (novel), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood volumes 2 & 3, Kizumonogatari (novel), Master Keaton volume 1, Monster volume 1, Vagabond Vizbig volume 1 and Vinland Saga volume 1.

View 6:


Now we have the top part of the mini-shelf. This used to be where the big manga box sets were located, but now I decided to use this space for the bigger books, visual novels and asian cinema films. The major additions here are the Clannad visual novel from the Sekai Project kickstarter (with the manga anthology and Clannad Side Stories), live-action Rurouni Kenshin films 2 & 3 (Kyoto Inferno and The Legend Ends) and the third Walking Dead compilation comic.

View 7:


Moving on we have the PlayStation shelf; mainly consisting of PlayStation and PlayStation 3 games. The PS3 games have grown quite a fair bit since the previous update. The major additions are The Darkness II, Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, NieR, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, Rock Band 3, Steins;Gate, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia, and Yakuza Dead Souls. I do plan to try and acquire a couple more games for the PS3 before they completely discontinue.

Views 8 & 9:


And here's the main consoles that I use nowadays. In fact you'll notice I also have a PlayStation 4 along with a couple games next to it; Dragon Quest Heroes, Final Fantasy Type-0 (which I already picked up and as seen in the 4th update), Ratchet & Clank, Rock Band 4, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 have been slightly moved around while the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii were relocated to the right side of the desk shelf.

Views 10 & 11:


In case you're wondering, there's no changes to my Xbox 360 collection but just for consistency sake I have taken photos of them just as a reminder. There's about 101 games there.

Views 12 & 13:


And last but not least we have the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii games as well as some duplicates or some other stuff.

And that's pretty much it for my entire collection. Here's a good view of my main shelf in a complete view:


That's it for this update! I was pretty lucky to be able to acquire some of these sets, especially given the recent Aniplex expirations occurring for Funimation and most notably that Persona 4 collector's set. My most lucky pickup is probably the High School of the Dead collector's set thanks to the Rightstuf sale they had, while Terror in Resonance Ultimate Edition was also a solid deal considering it was nearly the same price the early bird owners had to pay. Love Live! Season 2 as well, was pretty damn lucky as it unexpectedly sold out in a matter of days.

So when will we expect a sixth update? Depends on how I handle my pickups during my time back at University I suppose. The next update will probably use up all the space I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive