Links

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Otaku Collection 2017: October Update | Beyond the Corner of the Mobile Suit Wolfenstein Club

October went from a few items to a pretty decent haul. I decided to acquire a couple more PlayStation 3 games and managed to get some UK special editions for a good deal.


For this update I have 4 anime titles, and 5 video games.


#01 | Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD, Wolfenstein: New Order & Wolfenstein: Old Blood
The first couple of items to start the month are actually pre-owned titles I acquired from the local GAME store. Ico/SOTC was on the shelf for ages and it was a pretty solid price considering the UK copies are somewhat out of print or much harder to find these days. Plus the condition was like new despite so many stickers on the case (which didn't damage the box case). This game was the start of Stage 5 of my PlayStation 3 Haul.

The other two are Wolfenstein: New Order and Wolfenstein: Old Blood, both are these were £20 total and the New Order version is actually the Occupied Edition which comes with some extra goodies. I have managed to play both the New Order & Old Blood and I really enjoyed them both. I don't plan on getting Wolfenstein II this soon as the prices for the previous games did go down to a very good deal but it'll be fine by sometime in 2018.


#02 | Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Part 1
The second item is the next Gundam UK release with the first half of Gundam ZZ. This one wasn't as delayed as Zeta which is good news and they even fixed a number of issues that I had with Zeta, such as the Blu-ray case using a normal one and the menus being similar to the Nozomi US release. The discs are French authored so we have episodes 1-25 rather than episodes 1-22 like the US release was. As I have yet to watch Zeta Gundam I won't be starting ZZ soon, but I'll be waiting for ZZ Part 2 before I start ZZ anyway.

You can view the unboxing here.


#03 | Castlevania: Lords of Shadow & El Shaddai
The next couple of items were two games I acquired pre-owned from the local CeX store. These two I paid in cash so it had no impact on the anime hauls (it was pretty much leftover cash from my time at Uni). I haven't played both games yet but Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has caught my eye since I was mostly playing on Xbox 360. I don't know if I'll pursue its sequel but we'll see later down the line. El Shaddai also caught my interest in recent months and considering it was £8 (whereas it's £20+ online) I went for it, it's also described as an action platformer as well which is interesting.

Both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and El Shaddai are part of my PlayStation 3 Stage 5 haul, and the remaining two I plan to import from Japan (however this will depend on how strong the currency rate is at the time of this blogpost).


#04 | Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here-
Next we have a Manga Animatsu title. It's been a while since I last purchased one of their titles and considering they gave the film similar treatment to Akira's 2016 release I decided to stick with the UK version. This is a two film set containing a compilation of the TV series, and a sequel that's set afterwards. I have seen the show (which is why I haven't picked it up on Blu-ray just yet) but I haven't watched these films.

You can view the unboxing here.


#05 | Ouran High School Host Club
Ouran was on my to-buy list for months ever since it was made available. When I last attended MCM the price was still in its £40 zone which put me off from buying it. Then Zavvi had a special one-day sale that was offering 20% off and as such I picked up the series finally for £26.30-ish. As I have already planned out my backlog I haven't yet started the series but I do plan to watch it dubbed since many folks appreciated it.

You can view the unboxing here.


#06 | In This Corner of the World
Last item of the month goes to the arrival of In This Corner of the World, which was currently Manga Animatsu's big title of the past few years. I missed my chance to watch the film at the cinema because I was on holiday but I now own it. I haven't watched it yet but the set is really nice, though I was hoping the booklet would contain more pages but the content it currently has is nicely detailed.

You can view the unboxing here.

----

That's it for the month of October. Now you may have noticed that A Silent Voice is missing from the list, and that's because my order among a few others who went for the Early Bird price on Shop AllTheAnime got caught up so it'll be available around mid-November. Considering the delay I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 posters that come with it also arrive with the item. Your Name's Deluxe Edition is also set for mid/late November so expect that as well. I am fully aware of how poorly Madman handled the authoring for the Your Name release but if there's any updates surrounding it I'll mention it in the upcoming unboxing for it.

As for anything else I do plan to import at least 2 Japanese PlayStation 3 titles if the currency rate is still decent. Anime-wise is up in the air but I do have some plans for Christmas like Ajin for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive