Links

Friday 1 December 2017

Otaku Collection 2017: November Update | Kimi no Na wa? Ki ni Narimasu!

This month has had quite a lot going on for me personally, but regardless I was able to acquire a fair amount of titles including two big releases from Anime Limited. Due to a delay in stock, A Silent Voice won't be part of the November slate sadly.


For this update I have 4 anime titles, and 6 video games.


#01 | Far Cry 3, God of War HD Collection & Mafia II
The first batch of items of the month goes to a couple more PlayStation 3 games for the collection. Last month I acquired around four PS3 games and then plan was to go for about a maximum of five at a time. However I decided to try and acquire up to ten, so three retail games were picked up this time. In fact the main title I wanted to own was the God of War HD Collection as it is pretty hard to find for a cheaper price, and the other two were titles that I owned as part of PlayStation Plus but they were cheap to own so why not. Interestingly enough Mafia II came with a DLC code that was never used.


#02 | Your Name
The second item of the month is Your Name! I went for the Deluxe Edition because I wanted to own the extra physical goods that came with it, and while the Blu-ray master isn't the best there is a replacement scheme planned so I'll just have to wait for that before rewatching it. I first saw the film back in November 2016 when the UK had a theatrical release and I really enjoyed it.

You can view the unboxing here.


#03 | Blood Lad & Psychic School Wars
Next up we have two items that were discounted as part of Zavvi's Black Friday sale (even though it was discounted before that). Blood Lad I was put off by simply because I wanted to keep consistency with the Viz Media version but over time I decided to go for the UK release in the end and it pays off. I watched the series as part of my November backlog haul as I wanted to finish as many titles as I could during my free-time. I was aware of the incorrect chapter stops but it was only for episodes 6-8 which is no big deal. Psychic School Wars came back on the site and stayed the same price so I went for it immediately. It's the cheapest value you'll see for these two compared to other sites.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Blood Lad
 - Psychic School Wars


#04 | Everybody's Golf, Freedom Wars & Soul Calibur V
While I was job hunting there was one town that I hadn't checked out in months and I was given the opportunity to revisit it, and it was important because the GAME shop over there had a retail copy of the Everybody's Golf vita game that I wanted to own after really enjoying the game back in August. Now I finally acquired it which is surprising considering it has been months since then. I also picked up Freedom Wars as I felt it would sell out regardless on whether I waited or not. In addition I decided to go for Soul Calibur V as the other PS3 games available weren't up to my interests.


#05 | Hyouka
The last item of the month went to an early arrival with Hyouka Part 1. The series has been on my watch list for years and now it's legally available. I won't be watching it this soon as I would like to have Part 2 acquired first.

You can view the unboxing here.

----

That's it for the month of November. As mentioned at the top of this blogpost, A Silent Voice is still missing in action for the time being. Long story short, it's been rumoured that the stock that was supposed to go to Anime Limited's shop went to Amazon instead and as such they had to reprint new stock which takes time. It sucks that it's taking this long, but on the positive side not only do I have a £10 discount code to use as a result of the delay but the 2 A3 posters should be available in time for when the stock appears at Anime Limited's shop.

I can also confirm that the Bandai Visual/Honneamise release of FREEDOM is on its way from Rightstuf and should be here within the next 10 days or so. In addition I have requested Ajin: Demi-Human for Christmas Day so stay tuned for that, more items are also planned but it's currently not finalised (Kingdom Hearts -1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX- is also among the list thanks to the Black Friday sales).

Last month I mentioned that I had planned to acquire some imports from Japan. Well I have decided to postpone this plan until next year as I want to focus on the Christmas sales for the time being (as you never know I could get lucky on a couple items). Anime Limited have began their 12 Days of Christmas sale and I'm going to see if I can make use of it this year.

Finally, I know I have put this off for so long but I plan to put out another Complete Collection update showcasing all of my anime, video games etc. sometime this December. The reason I held it off was because I was under the impression that I would have been able to find a job but it has fallen through many times at this point. There will also be a personal blog update surrounding my current updates and future plans as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive