Links

Thursday 1 February 2018

Otaku Collection 2018: January Update | Late Christmas Arrivals and Some Lucky Hauls

So we have now gone through the month of January. A lot has happened and I managed to get some more anime for the shelf as well as one game and a novel for once. This haul update is a combination of titles that were originally set for December but got pushed back while the others are added bonuses that I decided to get during January.


For this update we have 5 anime box sets, 1 light novel, and 1 video game.


#01 | 009 Re:Cyborg, Expelled from Paradise, and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Part 2
The first batch of items that arrived are the remaining titles from the Anime Limited Christmas Sales back in December. There were delays in these due to the staff under-estimating themselves pretty much, but nevertheless they all arrived including Gundam ZZ which was an early release.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:


#02 | Saga of Tanya the Evil light novel
Next up we have another delayed Christmas item in the form of a light novel. I wanted to get some books but due to the budget I only decided to go for Saga of Tanya the Evil's first novel volume. The book arrived from Amazon hence why it got delayed. I've watched the anime so I'm looking forward to reading the novel source material.


#03 | Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Next we have a title that I was hoping to turn up at Anime Limited's Christmas sale, and it did but only as a back-up for the customers who bought the Blu-ray Mystery Box that didn't have Blood Blockade Battlefront. And while I was disappointed there was some hope in the end as Zavvi were selling the title for £19.99 which was the cheapest I've seen for this set, especially as the show never went down in price at all and not even at conventions.

You can view the unboxing here.


#04 | A Silent Voice A2 Posters
A surprise appearance after being pushed back for a while. Back in December I received the A Silent Voice Blu-ray set and my order was from Anime Limited's shop exclusive bundle. The exclusive posters got pushed back to January due to various things going on and they arrived. The surprising part is that they're actually A2 sized posters, not A3 as what they were advertised as. I plan to get a frame for them because they look neat.


#05 | Corpse Party: Blood Drive and Grimgar: Ashes & Illusions
The last haul of the month goes to two arrivals that appeared on the same day. First we have Corpse Party: Blood Drive which went out of print completely out of nowhere which frustrated me as the game went for really cheap throughout 2017 and I didn't even bother to pick it up. But thanks to an eBay seller selling the game for the lowest it was available at (not much but it'll do) I decided to scrap my plans to import and get the game as soon as I could. I made the right choice as the prices have now gone up from £30 new to £40 new. I have started the PSP games first as the Vita game is the third one in the series.

And then we have Grimgar. This one was another early arrival thanks to Anime Limited's early bird sales and I decided to make use of my £10 code from the Christmas sale and use it on the show. It's a series I've always been curious about so I'm happy to finally own it and check it out.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:

And that is it for the month of January 2018. In case you missed it I also posted my complete otaku collection update showcasing my entire anime/manga/games collection as of 30th December 2017.

So far I only have ERASED Part 2 on order since it's still displayed as £19.99 on Amazon UK. Anime Limited have added more listings of their upcoming releases (Napping Princess, Princess Arete) but I'll probably save them for later.

February is also home to three big releases from Funimation - Attack on Titan Season 2, Keijo and Yuri on Ice. I am actually considering Yuri on Ice's limited edition but it all depends on timing because I used up my funds on renewing Crunchyroll for another year (saves me the hassle for later down the line as well). Keijo I don't see selling out as soon as YOI hence why, and Attack on Titan Season 2 has a UK replica release under Sony so I'll want to wait and see how that's handled first.

Speaking of Funimation sets you'll notice that both LEs of Mob Psycho 100 and Testament of Sister New Devil are now out of print. I changed my stance on those as MP100's LE isn't that great (box on the other hand has great artwork) and TOSND has a UK uncut CE coming from Anime Ltd so that's handy. Berserk and Kabaneri LEs did get released, but I reckon they'll last a little bit longer due to a very mixed reception from the anime community.

Aside from that I have changed some plans regarding Operation PS3 Haul. Due to the large gap since my last pickup I have decided to conclude Stage 5 with Soul Calibur V (the 72nd title in my collection). Stage 6 will proceed once I have the time to acquire more PS3 games. And Operation Vita Haul may proceed along the way as I want to acquire a fair amount of Vita games asap as well. Video game backlog has been going well so don't worry about the massive amount of titles I have yet to play but a lot of the PS3 games I want average around 10-20 hours anyway.

Anywho that's it for this month's update as I said. Don't forget that I have articles over on Anime UK News if you want to know what I've been up to every now and then, including that Netflix round-up post which is doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive