Links

Monday 8 July 2013

Blog News: UN-GO and Future Plans

This post will be much different than my other posts as they directly go towards what will happen over the next few months.


The first thing that I should mention now is that the unboxing for UN-GO will be put on hiatus because the version published by KAZE has been condensed and does not contain all the special content and quality that previous versions of UN-GO have; for instance the Sentai Filmworks release which came out months prior. As much as I want the show itself, it is unacceptable to shove all 11 episodes and the OVA film on a single Blu-ray disc and not to mention KAZE's usual locking problem and bad quality control affecting the product as a whole. UN-GO has already been a defective by not allowing Panasonic Blu-ray owners to play the series on their players due to incompatibility issues. The DVDs I cannot yet confirm however other than they are two discs due to the usual DVD standards.


As a UK anime fan, I would recommend you skip this release if you want a decent Blu-ray version and purchase the Sentai Filmworks version which is compatible with Region B players using the same method carried out to other releases such as Angel Beats!, Clannad and The World God Only Knows. Not only will you still be supporting the industry but you will also contribute to getting KAZE out of the UK market for their own faults with other precious products gone defective due to their stupid quality assurance. It is not Manga UK's fault that their collaborations have provided us with this situation so don't go and blame them for this.


The second thing to mention is that because I got UN-GO as a birthday gift, I don't want to spend my own money for it due to money shortage so in exchange for this I will be getting the Aniplex release of Baccano! on Blu-ray whom have confirmed it will be going out of print soon, so it was best to pick this up before it goes away. I apologise that I haven't got a good unboxing for UN-GO but I will get this release before the end of the year passes by.

The third notice is the money shortage, I have spent about £200 of anime over the past few weeks due to being late to the otaku phrase and as an adult now I have to earn money. With university in the next few months, I will still be able to get future anime releases under the condition that I can't simply get an import every now and then. Imports released by Sentai Filmworks, Section 23 and Maiden Japan will always be available for the next few years whereas Funimation and Aniplex will limited in terms of stock. I have planned to purchase the All the Anime release of Cowboy Bebop on Blu-ray plus some of their releases in October, MVM's Another and possibly Monogatari Season 1 depending on the quality of the product. For imports, Funimation's High School DxD is planned in case the BBFC censors the release like they did with Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny, and finally Section 23's Elfen Lied release is on the cards though I will wait in case of Sentai's new locking system takes effect.

The fourth notice is for the blog posts in general, I will be inactive from 25th July to 8th August for Holiday reasons I cannot avoid. I will continue to post the remaining unboxings for the rest of my titles including Code Geass so stay tuned and support the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive