Links

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Blog News - Blogger Policies, Collection page and Pre-orders

I figured with the amount of stuff going on I decided to make a news post just to recap what's been happening lately.



Blogger's New Policy
Just found out about this pretty much right now, Blogger has updated their policies so that every blogger site cannot contain images of sexually explicit content (unless it was for certain purposes like educational or nature). Not that it affects me or anything.. well sort of.

My only concern with this policy is towards the unboxing posts related to ecchi titles like High School DxD and Senran Kagura and also Visual Novels for various reasons. The images in these posts technically are 'nature' related since nothing were really shown off besides skin but I figured I should probably point this out just in case the entire blog goes into private mode (this is what happens if the blog isn't safe for work basically). If my site is still public by the date then I guess I shouldn't argue then.

(that scene in Nisemonogatari is still epic by my standards)

Otaku Collection Page has been updated!
I haven't updated this page in quite a while besides a few edits every now and then. So I decided since I have been constantly updating the Unboxing page that I should do the same with this one. The only difference is that it looks neater than usual or in my case very similar to the layout I used for the Unboxing page. In addition to the list of every anime, manga, asian cinema, Japanese games and visual novels on there, I'll also provide a quick news update at the very top to give an update on what's upcoming in terms of unboxing posts for this blog and any major news in terms of whether the item has been delayed or a new one appears.

(I will get Nisekoi on Blu-ray eventually, just hang in there.)

Aniplex, Aniplex EVERYWHERE
In case you haven't noticed (well it's blatantly obvious you would have noticed by now unless you just randomly clicked on one of my posts then I would forgive you for saying that), I've been buying more Aniplex sets than usual. Now Aniplex is notorious for their pricing but to be honest once you get used to it the sets that they release are really, really top notch.

The main reason I'm bringing this up is because I picked up a few of their titles fairly recently and four of them are none other than Sword Art Online. Despite its flaws I liked the show and I actually went looking for the third box set because it sold out a couple of days ago with Aniplex 'undecided' on whether they want to reprint the Fairy Dance arc or not, given they reprinted Aincrad. The worse part about this fiasco is that I knew the last two box sets would closeout but I decided to wait. So after talking to RACS, I found a copy on eBay and couldn't resist to order it given the prices for the set had gone up dozens of times.

As for Fate/Zero, I found out that United Publications had a copy available and given I had tons of spare cash left prior to the recent pickups I figured I get it (haven't seen Fate before and I always wanted to own Zero). Due to the SAO nightmare I had to delay my plans to get the other half of the Fate/Zero set which is a shame but I don't see that set going OOP for another couple of months given they were released in November and December of 2013 and with alternate versions (i.e. UK & AU) around since Spring 2014. The other recent Aniplex pickup was the Anohana movie, and that was basically the exact same situation as SAO except I actually 'played-it-safe' and bought it despite haven't seen/own the main series. And funny enough the item is actually on a counter over on Rightstuf so I am rather pleased I picked it up.

Last but not least, I will be getting more Aniplex sets during the Q2 pickups particularly Kara no Kyoukai since I have the new film on pre-order after the main series sold out twice. I'll get more Monogatari volumes eventually and I will probably get Blue Exorcist also.

(that moment when you realise Monogatari: Second Season actually costs a lot altogether)

What about March? Any big plans?
Actually besides existing pre-orders and orders I won't be getting much in that month because I pretty much spent what I can for the time being. Like the previous semester I'll be going into cheap mode for the last few weeks of the month just to keep things going fine for April.

And that is it for this latest blog news, I will expect Sword Art Online to show up sometime between March 5th to 17th and provide an unboxing for all four volumes (assuming sets 1, 2 & 4 are found, crosses fingers) in addition to an unboxing for Space Dandy Season 1 and Unbreakable Machine Doll sets from Funimation. No games or visual novels planned so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive