Links

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Anime/Manga Collection Update ~ Super Update Part I

It's time for a collection update but not just any update, I have some batches of anime arriving and it's time to reveal what they all are.

Part A: The Items Before Arrival

Before posting this, I had mentioned that I was now in University and have bought some items that were available in town. Well I didn't reveal what they physically looked like so it's time to see what they all look like:







The following above were purchased in stores from HMV Sheffield, Waterstones Sheffield and WHSmiths Sheffield. The films Dante's Inferno and Evangelion 1.11 were in suitable prices so I picked those up as the others were in ridiculous pricing, for instance Kids on the Slope is priced at £42.99 when you can get it for £19.99-£24.99 online. Dante's Inferno is mainly american however Production I.G. were involved plus the visuals are anime inspired so I have accepted this title for the Otaku collection.

Part B: The First Batch (UP1's Special Offer)

After buying the items from town, I have decided to focus on getting the items from online rather than physically due to the price that could affect my loan. Luckily United Publications is a good place to get these sort of anime (with the cost of paying for delivery and slightly increase prices for US imports). There were two UK Blu-ray titles I have been planning on purchasing for a while and they were one of the offers available from the site.


I managed to get the special packaging version of Shigurui: Death Frenzy which was a shocker for me since I was expecting the standard case like any other show had. This release will be shown off in a later overview/unboxing post.

Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic - Blu-ray
Region: B (Blu-ray)
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone - Blu-ray
Region: B (Blu-ray)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy: Complete Series - Blu-ray
Region: B (Blu-ray)
Welcome to the Space Show - Blu-ray / DVD Combo
Region: B (Blu-ray), 2 (DVD)

Stay tuned for Part II where I will be taking on another Aniplex title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive