Links

Thursday 21 November 2013

Anime Collection Update: Last Exile's Fam, The Silver Wing and Maken-Ki!

After purchasing the UK versions of Afro Samurai and Devil May Cry, I noticed that I could still get a few more sets to add into my collection. I took a look throughout Amazon, Play and Zavvi but unfortunately nothing in the UK was worth the buy. I didn't even bother with Manga because I preferred to get the anime I wanted out of the way before I focus on the former. So I decided to see what titles are available for automatic delivery on United Publication, I found one of them being untouched for a while and also a brand new series that just got released this month. Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you Last Exile: Fam, The Silver Wing Part 1 and Maken-Ki!: Complete Series (or perhaps Season 1).


Let's start off with Fam, The Silver Wing. This is the second season to the famous Last Exile back nearly a decade ago. The second season is like Eureka Seven's Astral Ocean where it doesn't follow the previous season other than a few certain aspects and the name itself while also not gaining much reception from fans of the original season. This Limited Edition set includes the first half of the season and a slim artbook exclusive to the set.


Maken-Ki! (also known as Maken-Ki!: Battling Venus) is (as you probably have guessed) a fanservice ecchi show about a guy caught up with girls battling each other with Makens in high school. This set is also a Limited Edition with it's own artbox and split up cases for each format. The design is nice on the upside.


Both Limited Edition sets are still available (Maken-Ki! was just released) from Funimation with a Standard version also around. Part 1 and 2 for Fam, The Silver Wing is available in Standard form. Fam is available on Blu-ray and DVD standalones in Australia and United Kingdom. Maken-Ki! is upcoming for DVD in Australia with no sign for release in United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive