Links

Sunday 16 November 2014

Blog News - November 2014 [UPDATED]

Figured I would provide a quick update on what's going on for this month and the next in terms of future pickups and my current situation.


Without due, here's the latest updates (to keep post amusing I have anime gifs included):

Giovanni's Island Ultimate Edition - Delayed to 2015
Don't worry I did not cancel my order on this title. The film got delayed into January presumably due to printing issues, much like Anime Limited's other upcoming titles that also got pushed back like Blood Lad and Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise. The Ultimate Edition artwork got revealed quite recently and it looks great, thinner than Gurren Lagann but still nice. I do hope that the spine does have the title on it otherwise it's going to look strange on the shelf, but that's probably going to be fixed regardless.

Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition - Should be here soon but..
Anime Limited have also announced that Patema Inverted should be out sometime by the end of November for the Kickstarter backers. I backed the early bird tier which covers the Ultimate Edition content (Gurren Lagann size box with OST and Booklet etc.). I should also note that I had set the address to my home address which means the set won't be unboxed on this blog until I return home mid-December.


My money issues are still troubling
Good news is that I no longer have any more items incoming from the internet since the rest got delayed to 2015. The bad news however is that I'm still estimated to hit overdraft unless I somehow save up on cash. Interestingly enough I somehow have come to a solution for saving up cash and if I manage to get out of the predicted overdraft I'll use it for next semester and could possibly get even more sets if I wanted.

To summarise that point I won't be getting any more anime sets this month unless it's relatively cheap. Cheap as in at least £15 or less. I guess a S.A.V.E. edition or Anime Classics can't help but only if I can get half of the money saved before December.

UPDATE: While I did state that if the item was cheap I would get it but I managed to get one more item for November, it's cheaper than it originally costs but at least I got it sooner than later.

What's coming up for Christmas then?
One Piece of course! That's right I have managed to get the second One Piece manga box set planned for christmas as a present. In case you don't know the second box set contains volumes 24 to 46 which covers the Skypiea and Water Seven arcs in addition to the first volume of the Thriller Bark arc and an exclusive Strong World mini-manga. From this onwards I'll be collecting the single volumes to catch up.

Other items are still not final but chances are I'll have some additional cash to buy imports like last year. Honestly if I end up on overdraft in the end I would use the additional cash to get my balance above zero just for pre-caution. Oh, I will most likely get Danganronpa 2 for the Vita, the first game was awesome.

What items are at home that can't be unboxed over the past semester?
The following that were unable to be shown were:
 - Attack on Titan: Part 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD from Funimation
 - HAL Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD from Anime Limited
 - Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition Blu-ray/DVD from Anime Limited


Were the items you planned to get this semester get picked up in Q1?
If you're referring to Shakugan no Shana Season 3 then absolutely. With Blood Lad I might consider the UK version since I want to support Anime Limited anyway. As for K, well I do want the Viz Media set but the problem that's bugging me is that the currently rate for £-$ is annoying since it went up this past few months.

UPDATE: Don't worry about K, I managed to pick it up for less.

How's the Visual Novels you picked up, were they worth that much which got you into this money mess?
I only played and finished one of them, which was Saya no Uta. The game is short (5-6 hours long) but the story itself is very good. The H-scenes were rather off-putting due to Saya's representation but honestly some of them were hilarious to watch. I do recommend having a go at the game but only if you find it online for free or if you want to own the actual game wait for it to be cheap. I liked all three endings in the story.

I have yet to play School Days since my flat mates said they wouldn't mind tagging along in the nice boat adventure.

------------


That's all for the blog update. If something does happen I'll let you all know since I can't leave the blog empty for an entire month. I would also note that, like July's pickup update, the November Otaku Collection Update will be merged with December due to the lack of updates that will occur throughout the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive