Links

Sunday 1 November 2015

Otaku Collection 2015: August/September/October Update | A Very Slow Update (Sorry About That)

It's weird how it's been a couple months since my last Otaku Collection update. That update had a lot of sets picked up in one months. For this update however, well things took a different approach. I ran out of the funds I had during my time at Uni and I've been given allowances every now and then. Since I wasn't getting that much stuff I decided to delay this update for quite a bit. Nevertheless I've bought enough stuff to show off here.


Here's the latest pickups from the course of August, September and October 2015.

Time for me to remember what I bought, heh.


August 2015 | #1 | Clannad Kickstarter's Backer Kit
The first pickup of August is actually not a physical thing (sort of). Back in January was the end of the Clannad Kickstarter for which I paid for a physical copy of the visual novel and since the physical copy is based off the first print Japanese edition the arranged soundtrack and artbook are included with the bundle. For this backer-kit I decided to pursue a physical copy of the Clannad Side Stories as well as the new original manga that has been made from Kickstarter funds by Japanese artists. I figured it was a cool feature to include with my package. The entire bundle should be made available sometime late 2015. I hear January is their new aim though.

August 2015 | #2 | Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
The second pickup of August (and the last) was a physical copy of Senran Kagura 2 for the Nintendo 3DS. I picked this up because I was under the assumption that they wouldn't be providing physical copies outside of their 'pre-order on demand' website. Apparently you can still buy one on Amazon UK which is fulfilled by Marvellous. The folks in the US won't have to worry about limited stock as XSEED have made stock for them with no plans of it selling out as far as I'm aware. I haven't started the game yet due to other priorities going on but I hear it's a pretty decent instalment in the series, it's something that I should finish before going to Estival Versus.


September 2015 | #1 | Michiko & Hatchin: Part 2
Aside from a digital download of Metal Gear Solid for the PS3 (which is an awesome game by the way, had a blast going through the game in its PS1 glory), my next pickup was something I felt I should prioritise on when my funds were low. In case you weren't aware I had about 6 titles with the second half not even picked up and now was probably the right time to go ahead and get them. I got Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar Part 2 back in July thanks to Amazon's Rarewaves price glitch and so I choose to get Michiko & Hatchin Part 2 as the series already hit the S.A.V.E. line. The series is really good and I do recommend it to everyone, it's unfortunate that the studio Manglobe have now gone bankrupt but they at least have a great set of titles to let everyone remember them by.

September 2015 | #2 | Shakugan no Shana Final/Season 3: Part 2
For a while now I noticed this particular set 'sold out' on Amazon US for quite a while. By sold out I meant that they couldn't get stock for a certain amount of time. Weeks later it just got worse and worse. I decided that the set was pretty much going out of print and as such I was lucky enough to be able to get my hands on the set by ordering through Robert's Anime Corner Store. The set arrived without customs which is good news since I paid around $40-50 for the set (that includes postage). Since I have yet to see the OVAs (Shana S) I have yet to start the final season but it's nice to finally own the entire series. Strange how I was initially going to go for the S.A.V.E. editions but since they didn't have reversible covers with titles on the spine I had to rush my way into getting the original sets. Yes, Season 3 is also an upscale but it's still watchable.


October 2015 | #1 | Persona 4 the Animation
Another Sentai collector's edition arrives in my collection. As much as I am happy to pickup this set I honestly should have waited at least a couple days because the prices went down (sigh). Rightstuf declared that the set is now out of print and it turns out that more stock was given to them the next day. Honestly I hope someone slaps whoever was in charge of social media because I really hate them for making me rush out like that. Either way, the set is really nice and honestly considering how Sentai prices their sets and the fact this is a two course series the price was reasonable enough. It's better than having the Kaze sets mind you.

October 2015 | #2 | Viewster's OMAKASE Beta Box
Last but probably the least, I received a box from Viewster to check out their Omakase style service. Of course I only have access to the box and not the streaming stuff but it's nice to see what sort of things that they want to offer for their customers. It's not the best but it's got some neat ones like the Kagami plushie.

And that's pretty much it for the past three months. I also bought some songs for Rock Band on the PlayStation in preparation for Rock Band 4 but considering how unfinished the game is and the fact that Sony Computer Entertainment Europe don't give a damn about the European fanbase I'm just going to wait.

As for anime I have ordered another Part 2 set, this time being Guilty Crown because it's suffering from the same problem that Shana had. Apparently this is down to stock issues with regards to the Universal & Funimation deal. My next allowance is at some point in November so I may be able to get a couple more sets then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive