Links

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Otaku Collection 2016: October Update | More Japanese Imports! More Monogatari! And a Vita TV!

It's unfortunate that the rate got much worse now, so I made a decision to acquire a few imports in case anything bad happens. And to my surprise the Rightstuf order arrived on time!


So here's the items I picked up during October 2016.


#1 | Free! Eternal Summer
The first pickup of the month was a rather recent Anime Limited release. Basically I just renewed my Amazon Prime Student account and it came with a £5 coupon for any first order, and a friend of mine notified me that it was being sold for £38. I used the coupon and got it for £33. I haven't seen this part of the series just yet due to Uni work and focusing on games but the set overall is pretty good.


#1.5 | The Silver Case
This one is a special case (no pun intended). Suda51's The Silver Case remake is now available on Steam but just before that happened a physical release was announced from Limited Run Games. I figured I'll pick one up since it has some really cool contents for its price. It also came with a Steam key for the game so I can use that while waiting for the physical set to arrive in December.


#2 | Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition
The first Japanese import for my PlayStation 4. Fighting Climax Ignition I was hoping to see get localised but unfortunately nothing has been said so I decided to pickup the Japanese version. The game is a lot of fun and the extra characters are pretty cool to play. I also bought this for my society's games night events.


#3 | PlayStation TV (also known as PlayStation Vita TV in Japan)
The PSTV went out of print a fair while back and I was pretty gutted. I was lucky enough to find a pre-owned copy at CeX for £32 in pretty good condition. It did take a while to setup as I had to manually reset the device so that I could add my account on there. The device works as expected.


#4 | Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
In preparation for the society's games night I figured I would acquire some more fighting games. I haven't played much of both but I've been meaning to own them ever since I picked up the console.


#5 | IA/VT Colorful and Miracle Girls Festival
Due to the price hike my payment for DBFCI went up as a result and Solaris Japan gave me a 500 Yen coupon to make up for it. I figured I would put it towards some Vita games as I wanted to own them. I got both for £30-35 each however I selected pre-owned for MGF because it was going up a fair more in new condition. Both are rhythm games. I've been playing IA/VT way more due to its interesting gameplay and I've nearly played all of the songs, I do recommend it a lot.


#6 | Kabukimonogatari and Otorimonogatari
The last pickup of the month (which I thought wouldn't arrive until November) is the next two Monogatari Second Season arcs I needed. Unfortunately it took this long to pick them up but things happen. The original plan was to order them via United Publications but two things happened - they deleted Otori from their database and they assumed Kabuki had no LE contents, so I was left confused so using Rightstuf was a no-brainer.

---

And that's it for this month's pickups. But I do have a lot planned for November, assuming they arrive on-time.

First things first I will be going to MCM Comic Con Birmingham to try and pickup some Anime Limited sets. So expect some unboxings later in the month. In addition the Mai Mai Miracle kickstarter set should be arriving in November given the film has been BBFC rated and everything seems to be nearly done.

I will also have a couple sets incoming for November that have been pre-paid already:
  • Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Sentai Selects (Blu-ray/DVD)
  • The Place Promised in Our Early Days & Voices of a Distant Star - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
  • Your Lie in April - Part 1: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
So stay tuned for those. As for any US imports I was planning on getting Overlord LE and Knights of Sidonia Season 2 CE but I may have to put them on-hold until early 2017 due to low funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive