Links

Saturday 1 February 2014

Otaku Collection 2014: January Update | Late Xmas Items and Rare Blu-ray Anime

It's February and it's been a cracking January for my pick-ups. Usually I do an anime collection update or manga collection update whenever I pick-up or receive a new item but since I get a lot of items I decided to do a monthly update instead. So... January was an interesting month.

I ordered 2 anime items at the very beginning of the month and while I thought it would arrive the next week it turns out that suddenly North America is a victim of a snow storm. Thought that was bad? Well then suddenly that snow was going towards the United Kingdom and it ended up being rain and heavy winds, which was damaging the western part of the country...

So then I contacted the supplier and they said they will be able to deliver the items within the next week, which was when I was returning back to University so it was annoying but the items are still coming so it's still good news.

Since I wanted to do something between the 22 days it took for the item to arrive I ordered two different items that were already within the country and they were Good Luck Girl and Michiko & Hatchin Part 1. Both were very good shows and well worth the money for, especially since they're also region B compatible for our UK players.

I also had another item being delayed since before Xmas 2013 and that was the second colour omnibus of Highschool of the Dead. The item is now at home where I originally live (since I now live in an accommodation).

Now that I am back in University, I catched up with some shows legally online such as Kyoukai no Kanata and Samurai Flamenco. The next day I bought the massive Fullmetal Alchemist manga box set since I wanted something big to read for a certain time within the next few months and replace the omnibus set that I first bought exactly a year ago, and yes it's now exactly been one year since I started reading manga. I also picked up the Walking Dead Second Compendium comic book so that I can predict the outcome of the second half of the show's fourth season.

In the first week back at University my delayed items finally arrived; Chaos;Head and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. I also received B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time from Amazon UK as an experiment to see if I would end up in customs and because the version was out of print. Somehow I managed to avoid the customs, presumably because they already had the item in stock and were dispatching the item UK bound.

The second and final week of the month was when I bought some more single items since the big batch of upcoming items won't arrive until a few weeks time. I received the Fairy Tail movie and the rarest anime film on Blu-ray; Blood: The Last Vampire.

Other than that I also picked up Django Unchained and Prometheus 3D for Blu-ray. But that's all of the items I picked up this month, I have plenty more arriving in February including the steelbook version of Rurouni Kenshin and the Limited Edition Artbox release of Robotics;Notes Part 1.

January items:
Anime
 - B Gata H Kei: Complete Series
 - Blood: The Last Vampire
 - Chaos;Head: Complete Series
 - Good Luck Girl: Complete Series
 - Lupin the Third - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: Complete Series
 - Michiko & Hatchin: Part 1
Manga
 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Manga Box Set
Blu-ray films
 - Django Unchained
 - Prometheus 3D
Comic Book
 - The Walking Dead: Compendium 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive