Links

Friday 25 April 2014

Blog News: What to expect over the next few weeks

Hey everyone, it's Grav and I am here to explain what's going on currently and for the next few weeks.

To start of, I didn't get much this month sadly in terms of anime but I did grab a lot of manga including a series in which I had been dying to read since I watched the anime and movie trilogy. You'll be able to find out what those items are in my next Otaku Collection Update for April 2014.

The next thing that I want to tell you all is that I do have more anime incoming but one of them (Eureka Seven) was supposed to appear this month but has yet to get dispatched as of yet because United Publications have yet to receive the stock for the set (they do however have the standard parts available). It's annoying since I have been awaiting the set for a while now, not to mention it's going to be my first time watching this classic anime. I will expect the stock to appear by the end of the month while I'm back in University for a short period of time.

Speaking of University, I only have a month left to stay around there so from June onwards I'll be pretty much doing nothing unless something big occurs. I will try and save as much as I can for the Q3 pickups (July, August & September) otherwise I will be delaying myself for having the lack of funds. I already have Toradora's Premium set, The Devil is a Part-Timer LE set, Senran Kagura LE set and Ben-To LE set planned for July and August. I have yet to know what the UK distributors have planned for the Q3 though I know the One Piece movies are planned as triple movie sets from July onwards so I may pick them up. Anime Limited have big things planned this year so if they announce anything that may interest me in Q3 I'll pick them up.

But good news though, I have tons of anime planned for that short period of time:
 - Appleseed (Blu-ray) - The remake of the classic OVA film using CGI. This version is from Sentai Filmworks and includes some good extras. The UK version doesn't have a Blu-ray release to take note.
 - Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail (Blu-ray/DVD) - The sequel to the main Black Lagoon series. I can't wait to watch how this OVA series goes especially with the original cast returning. The UK version was handled by Kaze, so you'll know the rest.
 - Fairy Tail: Parts 1-5 (Blu-ray/DVD) - It's coming! I will soon have the first 60 episodes of this well known shonen series. I took the opportunity to go for the Parts release to get the original series as quick as I can so that I can start watching the 2014 series that just aired and is available to the UK via Crunchyroll. There will be 15 parts for the first series so it's a lot of money to cash in.
 - Haganai: NEXT [Limited Edition] (Blu-ray/DVD) - The sequel to the hilariously funny Haganai, I can't wait to pick this one up which surprised me to how fast this was released (it aired back in early 2013).
 - One Piece Movie 8: The Episodes of Alabasta (Blu-ray) - More One Piece is always good! Except I have picked up the movie instead since I am saving the Collection sets until they bring a few more out (Collection 9 was recently released so they're alive and active). I already own Strong World so it's nice to have both films together on the shelf.
 - Strike Witches: Season 1 [Standard] & Season 2 [Limited Edition] (Blu-ray/DVD) - This series deserved more than the cheap SAVE editions. So I took the opportunity to purchase the original combo pack sets from Rightstuf with the artbox that fits both seasons together. The War on Pants will soon happen.

That's all I have purchased and secured for now. There's also Attack on Titan and Gurren Lagann incoming for early June so the estimated arrival should be when I return home. I will pickup a few sets already within the UK zone once my other purchases have arrived including OniAi and Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning. The Berserk trilogy will be picked up but I'll be saving them for June. Nisemonogatari will be picked up at some point but not right now to avoid the reception from receiving too much of my stuff (and avoiding my flatmates from complaining about where I get my cash from). Outside the Otaku set, I have the steelbook version of The Wolf of Wall Street pre-ordered.

That's it for the news, stay tuned for my next post sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive