Links

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Otaku Collection 2014: September Update | Closeout items

[Today is a busy day so I'll update the post with more information later on, I promise! I got the images out now to show something]

October is now here and I am now back in University for my second year in the course. Between my arrival to University and now, I didn't pick up any anime but instead I got some other stuff to show. First I should present the items prior to my arrival, because they were close to out of print at this point (one of them technically is).



Septenber 2014 | #1 | Heroic Age

Starting off the month is a very old Funimation release that went to the S.A.V.E. line. I managed to grab a copy of the original complete series set for $20 (cheaper than S.A.V.E. since it was closing out) and arrived in new condition. I didn't think I would have time to watch this so I put the series on hold until I return this December (same with Attack on Titan Part 2 which has arrived at home instead, and Toradora! for special set reasons).

Septenber 2014 | #2 | C Control [Limited Edition], Fractale [Limited Edition] & Love Live! [Premium Edition]

Next up is a bunch of rather rare anime from Funimation and NIS America. C Control and Fractale were released back in 2012 as a Blu-ray/DVD combo limited edition set. In that year, Funimation decided to release the limited edition sets first before providing a standard version (known titles that were given this treatment include Black Butler II, Freezing & Steins;Gate). These two didn't get a standard version because they sold fairly poor. Now it's been a few years and some stock for these sets still exist, so I took my chances and ordered them to complete my 2012 LE sets (the ones that were still available of course).

Love Live! School Idol Project was a different note. The set was just about to get a release in the states when suddenly it sold out in an instant. It's amazing how an idol show manages to become the biggest selling NIS title. Either way, I decided to rely on United Publications to get some of the stock before it sold out and I was lucky enough to find out they managed to receive a few bits of stock for the title. In the end I ordered from them so I now own one of the rarest animes released on Blu-ray from the states, but a standard edition will come out.

That was all I picked up before heading off to University.

Septenber 2014 | #3 | Special Japanese Gift



Not long after staying at the new place, a friend of mine went to Tokyo and bought me some stuff while he was there. And quite an interesting pick - the Japanese manga version of Akame ga Kill! Zero (prequel manga to Akame ga Kill!), a file and a small sticker/card of Toriko.

Septenber 2014 | #4 | Attack on Titan & Naruto Manga Volumes + Yurusarezaru Mono



After a while I decided to go on a good shopping spree (nothing too expensive) and I bought some more manga of my own. I decided to get more Attack on Titan volumes because I haven't bothered with that series for quite some time and it's getting to a point where I should really catch up to avoid getting spoiled. I even started Naruto though I haven't read them yet but that one is going to take quite a while to collect.

Finally I bought a film that I saw at the cinema as part of Warner Bros' limited Japanese release (similar to Rurouni Kenshin). Yurusarezaru Mono is a Japanese remake of the classic Clint Eastwood film Unforgiven and while it does change the setting it keeps the main story.

Septenber 2014 | #5 | Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn (PS3), Terra Formars Manga Volumes and Newtype JP



Final pickup of the month is a few things. First I bought Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn (4th instalment in the Gundam part of DW) which was on sale given it just got released a few months back. Second I picked up two volumes of Terra Formars in preparation for the anime adaptation and also the Japanese version of Newtype (August 2013 issue), this covered the Monogatari Second Season and a bunch of shows from the Summer/Autumn 2013 season.

That's literally it for September's collection update. My budget planning has gone a bit awol recently due to events which I end up spending on for some reason. I do however have a couple of anime  that arrived at the beginning of this month so they will be shown off in the next day or two.

Just to confirm the following items that have appeared for October:
 - Gargantia of the Verdurous Planet (Viz Media CE)
 - Nekomonogatari Black (Aniplex LE)
 - Nisemonogatari (Aniplex LE)

So yes, I finally picked up Nisemonogatari. I promised that I would get the title back in the summer but I decided I should prioritise on getting more Funimation sets while I have the chance. To make up for the delay I also picked up Nekomonogatari Black which is set before Bakemonogatari, thus completing my Monogatari First Season Blu-ray collection (minus Kizumonogatari which is somewhere in the middle of SHAFT's minds right now). Expect some of the Monogatari arcs to be added to my collection in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive