Links

Sunday 18 January 2015

Blog News - Future Updates/Plans

Hey everyone, it's time for me to provide a good update on what's been planned for Q1 2015.

First things first, I am now adding video games and visual novels to the unboxing group as some of them are pretty unique. Well I know Japanese standard sets may not be very interesting but it's nice to have something added to the blog. The previous visual novel and games will be added at a later point not as an unboxing. The visual novels I'm still working out on how I can portray them as they are mainly not safe for work so stay tuned on those.

As mentioned I have another section planned called an Overview. This is essentially an unboxing post but the item is already opened. I have done this years ago but I'm bringing it back for some titles from my shelf that were note worthy. Most of the anime titles in Overview will be UK sets.

And some of you may have noticed that I have not mentioned Giovanni's Island on this blog. Well that is because I decided to cancel the Ultimate Edition because of the inconsistency with the design that affects the other two sets (and also other priorities came into action). I do plan on getting the film at a later point however.

Now for the most important news that many would want to know, what's getting picked up next?

Well I can tell you that I have ordered some more Funimation Limited Edition sets for this semester. The main reason for this was because it allows me to catch up and change focus once I own all of the sets that I could grab. Last semester was supposed to allow me to catch up with the collection but I ended up picking up Viz Media sets and of course spending way too much at MCM Comic Con. Well I wanted to make up for it so I ordered a huge bunch so that I can catch up, now granted half of them are actually pre-orders but I can probably guarantee that they will most likely sell out within a couple of months.

So the following Funimation titles I ordered were:

Catalogue titles:
Blood-C
Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash
Shakugan no Shana Season 3 (Final) Part 1

Pre-order titles:
Ben-To
Space Dandy Season 1
Unbreakable Machine Doll

This effectively means I'll have about 7 catalogue and 2 upcoming sets left to pick up. The oldest set to pick up will be Appleseed XIII (released June 2013) while the newest are D-Frag! and Freezing Vibration (scheduled for April 2015). Funimation will no doubt unleash a dozen more LEs given we have a ton of titles licensed for home release in the summer like HyperDimension Neptunia, Maken-Ki! Two and Ping Pong.

But there is one problem, I need to get the second half for all of the Part 1 sets I own (minus Shakugan no Shana Season 2 (Second), Shiki and Strike Witches) but since I've been experimenting with Amazon I'll most likely use them to get the sets cheaper in contrast to UP1.

Now what about Aniplex of America, well I have one title ordered from that publisher and that is Anohana the Movie: The Flowers We Saw That Day. The film is currently in the closeout section on Rightstuf and it's a good indicator to see whether any title would sell out sooner or later. I haven't seen the main show but I'll get to it before the film arrives. I do plan on getting more Aniplex sets in 2015 including Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online.

And that concludes this latest blog update. As a quick reminder I also have Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! ordered since it's a collector's edition which is still scheduled for late February.

4 comments:

  1. Darn i see you already received Chunibyo. Guess you ordered it through UP1, i've should have done the same instead of opting for TRSI.

    And very nice plans you have there for Q1 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I'll add more titles to the Q1 plan sometime in February. Pretty much this whole quarter is me catching up with Funimation's LE sets and if possible try and add more imported games. Managed to get Chu2 up on the blog (as you've noticed) while Anohana the Movie and Senran Kagura JP Vita games should be up before midnight.

      Delete
    2. Yes just checked your blog posts for Chunibyo and Anohana, very nice sets. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but i'll pick up my copy of Anohana tomorrow at the post office.

      Hope Chuni will arrive here next week.

      I don't own any LE's from Funimation myself, but what makes them so special you're all over them :-)

      Delete
    3. The thing about Anohana is that I haven't picked up the TV series yet. I went for the film first because I used TRSI as a good indicator for what's going to sell out and since it was under 'Closeout Item' I figured I might as well get it sooner than later.

      At least with TRSI they'll still give you nice packaging to protect the sets and a nice promotional card for a specific show (Fate/kaleid was my recent one). I noticed my Got Anime is about to expire soon but I might as well not offer given the address change is a pain having to verify my existence every time.

      As for Funimation's LE sets, it actually started off as me just going for the Part 1 sets only so that my shelf would be consistent because at the time I didn't like having a Part 1 & Part 2 in a row full of complete sets. After time went by I started to get more complete sets (like Haganai and Maken-Ki!) and just forgave Parts in general (like the Madoka Aniplex sets and Fairy Tail as examples). Currently right now, I have about 6 catalog LEs left to get and 3 more to pre-order. I'll probably go into better detail later but pretty much I like the way Funimation does their LEs and especially when they announced the Premium sets. Oh, I'm quite tacked off that Sentai and Viz are joining in the LE bandwagon because now it's making anime collecting even more tough (especially when I'm also collecting games, oh dear).

      I'm sure your set will arrive by Tuesday at the very least. It does take about 7-10 days from TRSI to arrive depending on the location.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive