Links

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Otaku Collection 2015: June Update | Small Pickups, Strong Titles

It's been a month since I've returned home and I have some more cash thanks to Birthday. But in all fairness I didn't get that much this month. So here's what I got:


Pickup #1 | Expelled from Paradise
Starting off June is the arrival of another Aniplex of America set. Expelled from Paradise is arguably the cheapest limited edition set that they have brought out in a while and I figured it's probably going to sell out much quicker than their other titles. Haven't seen the film yet but it's gained relatively positive reception and decent sales in Japan. The limited edition package is pretty good as well for its price with an exclusive making of Blu-ray disc and a booklet with some character bios and interviews.


Pickup #2 | Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and Steins;Gate
Since I decided not to get anything but cash on my birthday I pretty much had nothing arriving for a couple of weeks (delays on a couple of items) but one thing I did decide to do was to pick up some more games in GAME. In the store I found a new copy of Steins;Gate (the limited edition version) for £19.99 which beats what other retailers were offering at the price and in addition finally decided to pick up Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX for £17.99. I also had £5 worth of points that I could use up so I used that discount which in a way allowed me to save some money on Kingdom Hearts since it's available for less online (£14.99 last time I checked).


Pickup #3 | Tiger & Bunny: The Rising
Last item for the month was Anime Limited's latest release with the second Tiger & Bunny film. I pre-ordered this film simply because Amazon offered the set for a very good price of £10.21. When Amazon does something like this I just can't refuse an offer like that. It was at the same time that I also ordered Kill la Kill Box 2 for £30 back in April.


That's unfortunately it for the month. I'm still searching for a placement to last the next year (and if I'm lucky and find one where I live I'll be able to get more sets). But I do have some incoming for July. Here's what incoming:

Dispatched:
 - Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
 - Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea

Ordered:
 - No Game No Life

I'll try and add some more sets (most likely standard editions) later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive