Links

Sunday 1 October 2017

Otaku Collection 2017: September Update | Life, Hometown and Monster Girls

September ends up being the delayed sets month for the most part. But nevertheless I have two fanservicey shows arrive in the same month!


For this update I have 3 anime titles, and 3 video games.


#01 | Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls and Space Dandy Season 2
The first two items of the month came from two different locations. Let's start with Space Dandy as I opened that one first. Space Dandy I had been meaning to acquire for months but unfortunately the price wasn't right until sometime in August it finally went down to a decent value so I went ahead and ordered it. Sadly the slipcover got damaged but I decided it wasn't worth complaining as it's going to be slotted inside Season 1's box set either way.

Monster Musume was a series I've been waiting months to come out. The show came out in July but the collector's edition got pushed back due to high demand and I managed to receive it despite it going out of print immediately. This is also my second order through WOW HD since One Punch Man, and it arrived with no problems whatsoever (and no customs either). I really like the set but because it opens and closes really tediously I decided to keep the Blu-ray case outside of the box to make it easier to pick up the show when needed (I did the same with DanMachi as well). For the folks who wanted to own the special physical goods but missed out on Sentai's LE will be pleased to hear that MVM will be handling a similar treatment for the UK (which is also rated 18 uncut).

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls
 - Space Dandy Season 2


#02 | The Anthem of the Heart
The next item came after I discovered I still had access to the Unidays student discount deal. It's only good use for me would be for Zavvi but I never used the service properly throughout my time at Uni so I caved in and got a good deal for The Anthem of the Heart. Unfortunately the set's digipack got some damage but it didn't seem to harm the rest such as the disc holding and such.

You can view the unboxing here.


#03 | Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash
Another long-wait for a pre-order also arrived in the same month with Senran Kagura's latest localised game. Unlike Estival Versus I actually went for the collector's edition as soon as it was made available on Marvelous Europe's website. The game arrived two days before its official release date and the set is really well done, replicating the Japanese box set for a solid price point. Really pleased with the set, and my only issue was the lack of reversible cover for the physical copy (compared to Shinovi and Estival Versus).

You can view the unboxing here.


#04 | Everybody's Golf and Yakuza Kiwami
Last items for the month was a trip to the local game store. My parents saw that I spent hours playing Everybody's Golf on the Vita because the PS4 instalment came out. Thankfully the PS4 game was reasonably priced so I didn't feel too much guilt over it. At the same time I wanted to pickup the steelbook version of Yakuza Kiwami since it was the same price.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Yakuza Kiwami

----

That's it for the September 2017 haul.

All of the pre-orders from the previous months have been sorted, so now I have some new ones on order.

In This Corner of the World and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Part 1 are expected to arrive during the month of October, while Your Name will arrive in November. More titles could crop up but that has yet to be decided.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Hello! Nice to meet you :) I just discovered your blog some time ago, it's fantastic! I've been an anime fan since childhood and i enjoyed watching series when they were on tv in my country(fullmetal alchemist, Darker Than Black, Dragon Ball Z,etc) and well, to be honest, i just have most of the non-official dvds that come out when a season ends (but also got some official ones, specially those that i like the most). I really want to support the teams behind anime/videogames (and you inspired me!) and i just wanted to ask you where (or how) did you buy your items (please u.u) Really hope this doesn´t bother you u.u . I really enjoy your posts! :D keep up the very good reviews and greetings from Peru!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Cheers for discovering my blog. No worries I'm not bothered at all! I'm from the United Kingdom so my hauls are a mix between the UK and North American releases. But I can help show you a few links to pick up some anime and video games that might help at your area (all three do worldwide shipping):
      - Amazon US (https://www.amazon.com/): Any Amazon works (UK, Japan, US) and they offer pretty much anything including anime and games.
      - Rightstuf (https://www.rightstufanime.com/): The best anime retailer in the United States, they even recently started selling a couple video games from Bandai Namco (for instance Gundam Versus for the PlayStation 4). They have special deals every now and then especially near Christmas each year, so it'll be worth checking out.
      - Solaris Japan (https://solarisjapan.com/): My favourite retailer for importing games from Japan. Their prices are in Japanese yen which makes it cheaper for me compared to Play Asia (https://www.play-asia.com/ - which is still a good site for Asian English imports).
      - VideoGamesPlus (https://www.videogamesplus.ca/) [PayPal only due to their system being slightly broken]: A Canadian games retailer but they have some solid deals every now and then, plus they're a good backup in case a game goes out of print at times (like Drakengard 3, Nier, and the Yakuza games).

      I hope these websites will help you out for your future purchases!

      Delete
    2. Hello again! Sorry for late reply u.u. Oh Woah! Thank you so much!! Yes, it is really helpful because, before asking, i had zero idea about good online stores (i tried myself but they weren't as good as i thought u.u) I'm hyped now, i just want to start buying some figures from my personal fav animes soon :D Again, Thank you so much! I'll look forward your next updates. Greetings and have a nice day! :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive