Links

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Otaku Collection 2018: April Update | MOAR JAPANESE GAME IMPORTS feat. two other titles

So April has been a rather weird month for me. Not only have I been going through some personal stuff (interview & driving test), I also received a bit more funds than the usual and decided to go on another PlayStation 3 spree.


For this update we have 1 anime box set, 1 live-action Japanese film, and 5 video games.


#01 | Gal*Gun and OneChanbara Z: Kagura with NoNoNo!
The first batch of titles for the month is the first part of my PlayStation 3 Haul Stage 7. To start off the haul I wanted to acquire some more Japanese imports and the main reason for that is because the prices are going up, and I figured I'll gamble with the pre-owned range. Gal*Gun has been on my to-buy list for a long time now and I had to get it sooner or later because it's out of print due to the publisher going bankrupt and it's been about 8 years since it's release so copies will get scarce over time. And OneChanbara Z was a title I've been curious to check out since it never got localised like the others did, plus it's a Z-rated game so that'll be a neat addition.

I ordered them through Solaris Japan for solid prices each, around £25 per game. They arrived in solid condition, however Gal*Gun's disc ended up being faulty due to the disc not successfully completing the install data stage. As such I had to contact customer support and they shipped out another copy without issue (though I had to pay for shipping). The replacement arrived and it worked so that ends on a happy note.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Gal*Gun
 - OneChanbara Z: Kagura with NoNoNo!


#02 | Blade of the Immortal (Live-Action)
A day later I had my driving theory test, and unfortunately I did not pass (almost, was 4 marks below the pass mark for the multiple choice segment). Afterwards I went to town and since I need to get my Mum a birthday gift HMV had their usual 2 for £25 deal on new titles and Takashi Miike's Blade of the Immortal film was available in its limited edition steelbook so it was good timing. Haven't watched the film yet due to other stuff going on but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

You can view the unboxing here.


#03 | Vampire Resurrection
Next we have another eBay purchase. I was browsing eBay every now and then, and I noticed a Japanese seller selling Vampire Resurrection for below customs value price and the condition looked pretty good in the photos. Went for it and arrived in even better condition, and it's a pretty good fighting game. Capcom made this retail release offer English support as well which is an added bonus.

You can view the unboxing here.


#04 | Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories and Strider Hiryu
Another order through Solaris Japan and once again there's been a problem haha. This time their customer support told me ahead of schedule that my order for Another Century's Episode R got replaced with another item by accident - that being Strider Hiryu (good choice of replacement lol). They said I can keep the game which was generous of them, though I'm going to assume I'll have to re-purchase A.C.E.R. as a result.

Also arriving is Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories which was very cheap to acquire, around £10 last I checked. It's a decent game but it does have a number of issues that I believe folks who have played it have brought up already.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories
 - Strider Hiryu


#05 | ERASED Part 2
The last item of the month is a new Anime Limited release. I had the Amazon pre-order price for £19.99 this whole time so I kept it. It arrived on a Sunday which is interesting and it's smaller than Part 1 but at least it was cheaper.

You can view the unboxing here.

And that concludes the month of April. I hope for an update on the misplaced game for the month of May but I currently don't have any pre-orders so far. Gundam Origin is likely to be the next anime acquired unless something else happens.

As per usual, stay tuned for the next otaku collection update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive