Links

Saturday 1 September 2018

Otaku Collection 2018: July/August Update | Hyperdimension Neptunia Haul feat. Atlus games

I took a break from anime to focus on catching up with my PlayStation collection hauls. That's right, I got some more PlayStation Vita games in this update.


For this update we have 8 video games.


July 2018 | #1 | Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Odin Sphere has been on my to-buy list for a very long time now and to be honest the main reason it took this long was because the PS4 version was never available at a good price-point (the other formats were fine). In recent years Atlus games have started to go out of print and now the PS4 versions are slowly following suit, especially with Odin Sphere which was one of the last titles NIS Europe published before Deep Silver took over.

I finally got my hands on the game when GAME offered it new for £18 so I acquired it in store. Online-wise the game's stock availability is hit or miss but the US version is still available.


July 2018 | #2 | Neptunia Haul Part 1
While I was browsing around checking to see which games were still available I decided to take a quick look at Idea Factory Europe's webstore which covers the Neptunia games and a couple others. I discover that they 'sold out' on stock for Neptunia's Re;Birth 3 and SEGA Hard Girls spin-off so I decided to finally get the remainder of the Neptunia games that were released on the PlayStation Vita.

The first two games that I ordered from their webstore were Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister Generation and Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart. They arrived quickly and were priced well, however they sent me the German copy for Noire. I was pretty pissed off by this and I wasn't sure if I was able to send it back so I decided to go on eBay instead. I was able to find the English copy for the same price (the price itself was around £16 so it didn't matter).


July 2018 | #3 | Neptunia Haul Part 2
A week later I decided to pursue other areas to get the remainder of the Neptunia games since I didn't want to repeat the same issues that I experienced with IF's store. Eventually a friend over on Twitter recommended a seller on eBay who was doing a 10% off offer for 2 or more items listed, the Neptunia games were included in the mix.

I decided  to try it out and order Hyperdimension Neptunia: Action Unleashed U and MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune Vs Zombies since they were the cheapest under IF's name (since NIS's Neptunia Perfecting Perfection is still pretty cheap but I don't want to get that one just yet). They arrived and were brand new & sealed plus it's the English versions so I was satisfied.


August 2018 | #1 | Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
During the first half of August I was pretty much taking it slow on what games I wanted to get next, but then I spotted that Utawarerumono 3 aka Mask of Truth was pretty much going out of print already. Admittedly I was expecting this because the previous instalment also shared the same fate.

Thankfully the game was being sold for a cheap price in stores so I managed to pick up a copy at GAME for £15. This pretty much concludes all of the Atlus PS4 games I needed to get for a long while. Dragon's Crown Pro I plan to import since I have the PS3 version (and it has cross-save support).


August 2018 | #2 | Neptunia Haul Part 3
The final haul of August is once again another Neptunia pick-up. These two games did eventually get re-stocked on Idea Factory Europe's store but I didn't want to take the risk of getting a non-English copy so I used the same eBay store that I got the previous two games from.

In fact it was cheaper than using IF because there was the 10% off offer plus eBay's very own 15% offer for £50+ orders. The games in total cost me about £39.70 (so averaging around £19.50 per game). The games were Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation and Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls. Both arrived and were new/sealed as well as being the English versions.

That pretty much concludes my haul for the months of July & August. No Game No Life Zero was supposed to arrive in August but it's delayed to September. It has been dispatched but there is a chance that I may not unbox it on time.

The reason why I say 'on time' is because I also have a very important update regarding the future of my collection hauls. I am happy to confirm that my job search is now over! What this means is that the pace of the otaku collection pickups should be as good as it was during my time at University. It won't be tons of items per month but I should be able to get more than enough to make up the pace, especially with the US & Japanese imports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive