Links

Sunday 1 January 2017

Otaku Collection 2016: December Update | Xmas Pickups and Late Arrivals

It's the last haul of 2016, and 2017 has now arrived. It's been a low start but a strong end for my haul of items during the year. Here's all of the items I bought or received for the month of December.


The December haul contains 14 different items; 8 of which are books and 1 of which is video game based.

#1 | Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb


The first arrival of the month was delayed and hit by customs, much to my dismay. But nevertheless the second season of Chunibyo is a rare case for Sentai Filmworks as the Blu-ray format was exclusive to the collector's edition set. I pre-ordered it just so that I secured a copy in case it sold out, as the first season did. I haven't had the time to watch the season yet.

You can view the unboxing here.

#2 | Psycho Pass 2


The second arrival came from one of the Anime Limited Christmas Sales and out of the twelve I was only able to get this title, especially as I acquired the film a month prior. I used a £5 coupon given to me by the distributor to make up for the shipment delay with Your Lie in April. I also haven't had the time to watch this season but considering its length I should be able to watch it before heading back to Uni.

You can view the unboxing here.

#3 | Mai Mai Miracle


The third arrival was (no pun intended) a miracle. The set arrived on the day that I would be returning home and I was stressed out thinking that it wouldn't arrive on time but thankfully it did. It's a really nice set overall. I also backed the hardcover artbook which you can also view on this blog.

You can view the unboxing here.

#4 | The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya


The fourth arrival actually arrived way back in September but due to Uni I couldn't open it until recently. It's a nice deal overall and I've seen the show before (however I haven't seen the Nyoron shorts and the Nagato Yuki-chan series).

You can view the unboxing here.

#5 | Christmas Haul


The final batch of items were from Christmas Day. I received the 2016 re-release of Akira, all four volumes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency, the first part of the Bakemonogatari novel, first two novels of OVERLORD, the third box set of the One Piece manga covering volumes 47-70, and the Steins;Gate 0 visual novel for PS4. It's a solid set of items overall. At the time of this post I've already seen Akira prior but I did read through volumes 47-62 of One Piece and all four volumes of Battle Tendency.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Akira

And that's it for the December 2016 haul. I have a lot of titles incoming for 2017 so be prepared for those. The Silver Case had been pushed back from its original date and because of location preferences I won't be able to unbox the set until Q2 2017.

Eden of the East - Anime Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone - Anime Limited Collector's Edition (Combo)
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Anime Limited Collector's Edition Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Nisekoi: False Love - Aniplex of America Volume 3 (Blu-ray)
Nisekoi: False Love - Aniplex of America Volume 4 (Blu-ray)
The Silver Case - Limited Run Games Limited Edition (PC)

So stay tuned and have a great 2017 wherever you folks are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive